2015 was an exciting year for new venture creation in Asheville. Here are the startup launches that Venture Asheville followed and who’s behind ’em:
- BeesWax Websites – Co-founders Annika Schauer, Raina Lee Scott, and Christopher Craig developed a first-of-its-kind solution for the common problem facing 1.4 million artisans on Etsy: building a web storefront that integrates with Etsy inventories.
- Sonic Payments – Chris Cashwell leveraged his expertise with Alibaba.com to solve the rent payment issue for property managers nationwide. He founded Sonic, a future-proof payment solution integrating Bitcoin, credit cards, cash and more.
- Groupdini (pictured above) – CEO Jean-Paul Lausell built a highly talented team to launch its cross-platform group communications app at 1 Million Cups. Groupdini helps growing organizations communicate effectively with its members.
- Coeo – Anthroware founder Jon Jones’ new app, coeo, offers a targeted networking tool to connect with the right people at professional networking events and conferences. Download the iOS app to use every week at 1MC.
- GoWorx – Founder and designer Ryan Klinger relaunched his startup for GoPro® camera mounts with the aim of becoming the industry source for all GoPro®, Drone and Smartphone Camera gear and accessories. GoWorx products are sold at some of the nation’s largest non-chain retailers and in 15 countries.
See more #madeinAVL startups highlighted in our Venture Profiles.